Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday Lindsay!



Today is Lindsay's 11th Birthday and we would like to wish her a Happy Birthday! It was kind of hard to celebrate her birthday today since there was a lot going on but we did the best that we could with some of her favorite meals. For breakfast, she requested a German Pancake, also called a Dutch Baby, or what she likes to call a "Big Pancake". For lunch, I brought Burger King to school. She really likes their chicken fries. Later on in the afternoon, there was a small celebration in her classroom. We brought chocolate chip cookies and milk to share. Lindsay is our extremely picky eater when it comes to sweets. As most of you know, she does not like cake or candy along with many other treats but she LOVES chocolate chip cookies - so tonight we will be putting a birthday candle in a cookie! And finally for dinner, she requested spaghetti, garlic bread and salad! We will be celebrating her birthday more at the end of the week. On Thursday we will be going out to dinner with her Grandparents and Great Grandma and on Friday, she is having a slumber party. (YIKES!) A tradition that we have every year is to give our kids a Birthday Minute Kiss. A kiss from us on the minute they were born. So tonight at 10:25 p.m., Lindsay will be getting a kiss from mom on one cheek and a kiss from dad on the other! We sure love you Sunshine! Enjoy your special day!




8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! Sounds like a pretty good day to me

I like the birthday kiss thing - except both of my kids decided to come in the middle of the night (or early, early in the morning, depending on how you look at it)

A LDS mother to five busy kids said...

Cute Idea about the birthday kiss! I think I will have to steal that idea for my kiddos birthdays. Were you at swimming tonight? I did not see you :)

Our Family said...

At the last minute, she decided she did not want to go to swimming. She is starting lessons again tomorrow through school so since it was her birthday, we said it was o.k. to stay home instead. I am not sure if we will be there on Thursday either. We are still thinking about it. It is the only night that Scott's parents are available to go out to dinner with her this week. I hope your kids had fun at swimming.

Alison said...

What a great day. The 27th is a fine day to party.
Our family tradition is "let me hug you ONE LAST time while you are 8" (before they go to bed) they love it! They wanted to make sure they got to hug me one last time while I was 34.

neal said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! I didn't see any green vegetables on that menu...and salad doesn't count.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay!!! Eat some extra cookie for me--looks very good!

april said...

happy birthday to Lindsay! that cookie looks awesome!!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Lindsay is my kind of girl! My favorite is chocolate chip cookies as well! Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails